Saturday, July 3, 2010

North Africa Trip

I am excited to share with you my plans to go overseas to visit some missionary friends we met last year through our church. I will join two fellow members from our Sunday School class on a trip to North Africa. During the first two weeks of September 2010.

The country we are visiting is closed to proselytizing and the area we will be visiting is primarily Muslim so I cannot disclose the specific place we are going.

Our primary objective is to be of encouragement to this beautiful missionary family, and to learn of ways to be of service to them.

I will have to raise approximately $2,000. While our team hopes to raise the money with the help of our church family each individual needs to take on the responsibility of covering the cost.

Please pray that God will prepare the way for us and provide for all our needs.

If you would like to contribute toward the trip:

1) You can make a check out to First Baptist Garland Memo: North Africa Project (They will send you a form where you can write it off your taxes) Mail to: First Baptist Church, ATT: MIssions office, 801 W. Ave. D Garland, Texas 75040

2) If you don't care about the tax stuff you can just give me money :) and/ or mail it to my address with a memo that it's for the Africa trip

For more details feel free to send me a message or text me at 214.673.5071

Thank you-Rebeca Carpenter

p.s. I am working on designing a shirt to raise funds for my trip. Let me know what you think.