Thursday, October 8, 2009

A message to my heart in a song

I first heard this song at the Downtown Pregnancy Center's Light of Life Dinner. This song made me cry as it pierced my heart deeply with its message.

I can taste the fruit of Eve.
I'm aware of sickness death and disease.
The results of her choices were vast.
Eve was the first but she wasn't the last.
If I were honest with myself,
had I been standing at that tree,
my mouth and my hands would be covered with fruit.
Things I shouldn't know and things I shouldn't see
Remind me of this with every decision.
Generations will reap what I sow.
I can pass on a curse or a blessing
to those I will never know.

She taught us to fear the serpent.
I'm learning to fear myself
and all of the things I am capable of
in my search for acceptance, wisdom and wealth.
To say the devil made me do it is a cop-out and a lie.
The devil can't make me do anything when I'm calling on Jesus Christ

To my great-great-great-granddaughter, live in peace.
To my great-great-great-grandson, live in peace.
To my great-great-great granddaughter, live in peace.
To my great-great-great-grandson, live in peace, live in peace.

Eve was the first but she wasn't the last.
Generations Lyrics
song performed by
Sara Groves in the album Conversations
You can hear this song by clicking on the song title on the music player on the bottom of my little blog site. :)