Thursday, September 2, 2010

Personal Mission Statement

I recently came upon something I wrote for my Evangelism class back in UMHB. I remember being really excited about that class because my professor was the missions pastor at my church, Bro. Charlie whom I just love. (He also did our pre-marriage counseling. )

One of our class assignments was to write our personal mission statement. As far as I can remember this was the first time that I was asked to write one, and have not really revised it since. I think Tim and I will soon try to work on a Family Mission Statement and one specifically for our Home school, when we do I will be sure to post it here.

Personal Mission Statement

Lord Jesus,

I thank you for your salvation and for your calling in my life. My prayer is that I may do your will. I want to renew the promise I made when I was young to follow you where you lead me and to do your will always. I sense a calling in my life to missions. I want to be a missionary wherever I go. Starting here and now I wan to fulfill the Great Commission. My prayer Lord is that there be more of you and less of me. I want to complete the task you have given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace, and to live a life worthy of your calling.

"Lord send me anywhere only go with me
Lay any burden upon me only sustain me
Sever any tie that binds
Except the tie that binds me to thy heart and to thy service."

In your Precious Son's Name,

Rebeca Elizabeth Escobedo


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
Acts 20:24

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called,
Ephesians 4:1

He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30