Friday, October 8, 2010

trip to north africa issue 1





I am reposting my notes I wrote on Facebook from my trip to North Africa

trip to north africa issue 1

by Rebeca E. Carpenter on Monday, September 6, 2010 at 1:11am

hello friends,

I am sitting here after breakfast staying at my new m friends house. It is 9 am and I just finished my breakfast (I am thinking most of you are asleep while I am writing here since it is 1 am in the USA). Oatmeal and pumpkin banana bread. It has been an interesting trip thus far.

The trip was crazy long. I barely slept on the plane and the time change is one that I had never experienced and my body is still trying to get accustomed to. I am sorry to say that I got really stomach sick on the plane about 10 hrs after we left the USA and I still have not completely recovered. Please pray for quick recovery and full energy back.

I am missing home but fully enjoying every new experience. We are in the city we were destined to be and I am staying across the street from the m's house we came to visit in another m's home.

Last night I slept pretty good sleeping to the sound of hard rain on the metal roof. I am staying in a comfortable place and am very happy to be here and only wish my stomach would be just as happy.

Thanks for keeping up with me. hope to write a new update soon.

luv, "Rebka" is how they same my name here