Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Marriage Prayer

I know lately my blog post have been more like blog quotes. I really do intend to start doing some of my own writing. I have thought of this blog of something like a journal of thoughts, memories, and stories that I would like to pass on to my children. I would like them to know what is important to me and near and dear to my heart.

I do love to post quotes here, because they are written by people who are more eloquent.
So here again I am quoting a prayer that someone forwarded to me by e-mail.

The Marriage Prayer:
68 words that could change the direction of your marriage

For Him
Father, I said, “Til death do us part.” I want to mean it. Help me love You more than her
and her more than anyone or anything else. Help me bring her into Your presence today. Make us one, like You are three in one. I want to hear her, cherish her, and serve her--
So she would love You more and we can bring You glory. Amen.

For Her
Father, I said, “Til death do us part.” I want to mean it. Help me love You more than him
and him more than anyone or anything else. Help me bring him into Your presence today. Make us one, like You are three in one. I want to hear him, support him, and serve him--
So he would love You more and we can bring You glory. Amen.

As heard on FamilyLife Today from the book, The Marriage Prayer: 68 words that could change the direction of your marriage by Patrick Morley and David Delk. © 2008 Moody Publishers