Saturday, December 18, 2010

On my birthday

I know this is a late post, but I actually have a lot of late post I hope to get caught up on here in the near future. I just wanted to to a little something on turning thirty. To start off, I am putting some pictures and a poem that I find appropriate for this birthday.

On this day I am thankful for a very special person in my life, my hubby, Timothy Carpenter. He is my best friend and best companion to share life with. I know neither of us are perfect and actually have a looong way to go before God's handy work is completed in us. But Tim is still the one I want to grow old with as we pray for the best that is yet to be.



Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!"
Look not thou down but up!
To uses of a cup,
The festal board, lamp's flash and trumpet's peal,
The new wine's foaming flow,
The Master's lips a-glow!
Thou, heaven's consummate cup, what need'st thou with earth's wheel?

But I need, now as then,
Thee, God, who mouldest men;
And since, not even while the whirl was worst,
Did I,--to the wheel of life
With shapes and colours rife,
Bound dizzily,--mistake my end, to slake Thy thirst:

So, take and use Thy work:
Amend what flaws may lurk,
What strain o' the stuff, what warpings past the aim!
My times be in Thy hand!
Perfect the cup as planned!
Let age approve of youth, and death complete the same!

Robert Browning (1812-1889)





photo credit: Seth Taylor Carpenter