Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Mami, How do you get to heaven?"

Seth asked me how to get to heaven on our way to church this past Sunday. I started to share with him that you needed to ask Jesus to take you there. I told him that in heaven everything is perfect and everyone is Holy and that Jesus died on the cross so that we could go to heaven.

I told him he needed to ask Jesus to come into his life and be his best friend and ask Jesus to take him to heaven when he dies. Then I said when he dies Jesus will come and they will fly together to heaven far up into the sky. He smiled and laughed when I said "won't it be cool to fly with Jesus".

I stopped talking and then I heard him praying and talking to Jesus there in the back seat of our mini van. I heard him ask Jesus to come to him and be his best friend and take him to heaven when he dies. He then asked me, "Is that all mami, what else?" I said, "You need to ask Jesus to forgive you for all the bad things that you do and clean your heart and then you say Amen."
So Seth continued to pray and then said "Amen".

My heart melted and I said a silent prayer of Thanksgiving that my little boy had taken a step towards Christ!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I pray that God will continue to draw Seth to Himself.