Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why Marriage Matters

Marriage can be hard at times, but anything of value is worth fighting for. Really if you are doing marriage the right way I guess it is not very hard. "Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly" the Bible says, that sounds simple enough :). I heard someone say "Love is God's gift to us, and a loving marriage is our gift to Him" well, something like that. With divorce being rampant in our nation, I pray for my marriage everyday and ask God to strengthen it and strengthen me personally to fight the good fight. This picture of Sydney's little piggies, as I affectionally call my children's toes, reminds me that marriage is my gift to God, but also to my children. I pray that our home will be a safe haven, a place where my children are nurtured and where they can see, feel, hear, and taste the Love of God.