Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Selah

Selah 2 days old

Selah's first Easter

Selah & her big brother Seth

Selah our red head Cathy wannabe

Selah almost 2 having lots of fun at the Rangers game :)

Dear Selah,

I can't believe how fast these two years have gone by. In some ways these years have felt like just a blink of the eyes, but in another way it has seem like forever. It feels like forever in the way that I almost can't remember life without you. You have made an imprint in our hearts and in eternity. You are such a wonderful creation made by a very creative and loving Creator.

If God had asked me to take part in picking the little details that make up Selah, I don't think I could of come up with anything as wonderful as you. You are smart, sweet, silly, and so full of smiles. You are a good sister most of the time. Our problem with being good parents is that you really have a cute and sneeky way of being disobedient and sometimes its hard to discipline you without smiling.

Selah, you know I says this to you quite often and I love the way you respond when I say this: "Selah do you know that I love you, and Papi loves you, and Seth loves you, and Sydney loves you" and then you interrupt and say "And Caaathy loves me." And I say, "Yes, but you know who loves you most of all...Jesus loves you. He made you and He died for you" I love when you smile and repeat with the sweetest of little voices ever heard "Jesus, loves me!?"

So Selah, today on your birthday I thank God for the gift of you. I pray that He will guard your heart and deliver your soul from death, your eyes from tears, and your feet from stumbling as written in Psalm 116:8.

I love you. Te amo. You are so beautiful.
Mami