Saturday, October 9, 2010

North Africa Trip Issue 2




North Africa Trip Issue 2

by Rebeca E. Carpenter on Monday, September 6, 2010 at 2:25pm

Thank you to everyone who is praying for me to feel better. I think your prayers are working. We had a great day today. We were excited to learn about the work of the M's in the area. We were able to see more towns and actually meet two national believers who work alongside of the M's. They were two wonderful men in whose faces you can see the joy and the love of Christ. Even though we could not communicate very well we felt a closeness to them and were excited two meet them our brothers in Christ from the time we met them.

These two men have such a heart to reach their people whom are 99.8% Muslim. The work they are currently doing is a radio broadcast Bible presentation to their people. This people group as you can see are unreached and the Bible is not translated in their native language. Meeting these two men whom have suffered persecution was such an encouragement and such a good time for my spirit. I was very moved emotionally and as we prayed together we all felt a great connection and their heart for their people made us love their people all the more.

We shared a meal with them and ate one of their national dishes which was very good. I was not sure how the meal would sit in my stomach but I think the hot tea we had after lunch settled my stomach and helped my headache to go away. Well, I better get off b/c I need to go to bed. We have an early breakfast today. Thanks again for your prayers. -Rebka