Saturday, October 9, 2010

North Africa Trip Issue 3






North Africa Trip Issue 3

by Rebeca E. Carpenter on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 1:00pm

Went up a mountain by the town we are staying at overlooking the city to pray for the people group our M friends are serving. May these precious people come to know Him. May God reveal Himself to them.

We enjoyed a meal prepared by a national which was a typical meal she would make at home for her family. It was quite good and reminded me a little of Mexican beans and rice though it was mashed peas and an oat type grain.

After lunch we watched "Faith like Potatoes" a movie I brought as a gift for the Ms. I cried during the sad parts. I have been very emotional this week and I think have cried every day. I have just been moved by many happenings.

I enjoyed sitting outside of the home and watching people walking down the dirt road. A lady tried to talk to me but I have no idea what she said. She kept going on and on and I just had to smile and tell her I did not understand. She was carrying a baby on her back and I touched and prayed a blessing for him that he may know our Savior. A little girl just stood there watching me and being very curious I gave her some jelly beans.

It is raining again. It is definitely raining season. Pray that our M family across the street will get their electricity back. Oh and we just lost ours so pray for both M families to get their electricity back

Gotta go before the Internet connection goes too.