Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sanctity of Human Life 2011 Message by Rebeca



Today I spoke at church during the Spanish service about the sanctity of human life. This issue becomes more and more important to me. Right now I am expecting baby number four but this is my fifth pregnancy. Before you wonder whether I had an abortion I will share what happened with my first pregnancy.

Tim and I had talked about contraceptives and the such and had made a decision (that is a whole other issue for another day) that I would not take prescription contraceptives. And when we got married I got pregnant during our honeymoon. We were nervous and happy about the pregnancy all at the same time. Everyday I got more excited about my pregnancy but at 12 weeks experienced some of the worst pain I had ever had as I miscarried my first baby. My heart broke and I felt so empty. Still I found comfort in God's word and in knowing that baby Shiloh was with the Lord. This is the closest I have come to feeling what a girl must feel after an abortion and I would not wish this on anyone.

Right now I am about 17 weeks along in my pregnancy, but did you know that I could take hwy 80 to hwy 635 to hwy 75 exit Knox Henderson Ave and find a red sign with white lettering that says Routh Street Women’s Clinic, 4321 where I could have an abortion.

It really wouldn't be that long of a drive for me, but apparently from looking at directions from their website people come from Oklahoma, Waco, Tyler and many other places near and far.

The website makes me feel comforted that I should not feel like I am the only one making this choice.

"Dallas Abortion - For decades Routh Street Women's Clinic has provided confidential abortion services to tens of thousands of women in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. We know that the decision about having an abortion can be difficult and involve complex issues. We also know that you are making a serious and significant decision about your pregnancy. If abortion is the best choice for you, you are not alone -- it is estimated that at least 43% of the women in the United States will have an abortion by age 45."

Wow 43%!

But what exactly should I expect..

If your pregnancy is measured at less than 16 weeks LMP, your abortion can usually be completed in one visit to the clinic. At more than 16 weeks LMP, you may need two visits to the clinic on consecutive days. Each appointment may take as long as 4-5 hours. You must stay within a half-hour's drive of the clinic overnight, and we can refer you to affordable lodging near us if you need it.

Once you have dressed, you can expect to relax in our recovery room for about 20 minutes (one hour after some second trimester procedures). After you go home, you can return to most normal activities.

So does this bother you? I mean almost everyone is doing it or at least close to every other woman. And well you've heard that it's my body and my choice?

People this should bother you!! I would want you to tell not to do this. I would want you to give me words of hope. I pray that your eyes are open to the truth of abortion. I wish I could give you a passion for life, for women, for babies, for the lost.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life" -Deuteronomy 30:19, 20a


baby at 16 weeks. This baby has fingers, toes, a heart beat.

Abortion is murder. An innocent baby is killed and a mother is wounded.

God is a healer and he wants to heal or hearts and our land.

If you would like to learn more about abortion or need resources follow this link.