Saturday, September 20, 2008

My September Gift

how he's grown

we call him sad eyes

he is looking at Selah

"say cheese and look at me Seth"

I have been meaning to write a post about my dear September gift. It took some convincing Seth to pose for me for pictures. I kept telling him I needed a picture for my blog but it just was not as important to him as it was for me :). Yes. my September gift is my sweet son Seth Taylor Carpenter. (Can you tell I like the letter "S" ) Four years ago September 14 Seth came into our world. He was just what I always wanted but did not know anything about. I had asked the Lord for a son and he answered my prayers. The Lord made an awesome little person when He made Seth. I know I am his mom and all, but I just can't get over how wonderful he is. Yes, there are times when I get weary of his bullying his little sisters, but then when he is kind and talks to them so sweetly I just forget about how mean he can be.

I want to write about Seth just to remember what he is like right now as I know him.

Seth loves:
Cathy (probably his favorite person)
talking about heaven
Jesus (He prays to Jesus even when he is on the potty)
stickers

His fun places are:
Cathy's house
Grandma's house
The playground
The library
Chuckee Cheese
"The big" Half Price (Also Papi's favorite place)

At home he likes to:
Watch PBS Kids
Play on the computer
Cuddle and read a book
"wesstle" papi
Playing a game of annoying Selah

What I love about Seth:
His smile, his kisses, when he says I love you, when he kisses Selah goodnight and tells her he loves her, when he says "lets wessle papi", seeing him dance, watching him play outside, watching him get sooo excited everytime we see Cathy, that he wakes up in my bed, when he talks like a grown-up, when he suprises me with his vocabulary, how he is a genius on the computer, when he is sweet to his sisters, when he talks about Jesus and seems to show a desire to know Jesus better.

Lord, thank You for the gift of Seth. You are an awesome Creator. Lord Bless him. Bless him indeed. Thank You that he is in Your hands. Make him into the man you want him to be. Remind me what a treasure he is to you and help me to treasure him every minute of everyday. Help Tim and I to be the best parents we can be to Seth. Help us to show Him what it is to love You and serve You. Thank you for sharing his life with us these four years. In your precious son's name Amen.