Thursday, December 4, 2008

28 things


pictures taken late on my b-day





Today on my birthday I want to list 28 things that have happened in my life that I want to thank the Lord for.

1. My salvation at age 5 (the worst thing that could happen to a person cannot happen to me b/c Christ is my personal Savior.)

2. My parents (Being raised in a Christ fearing home is something that made my life great)

3. My family (Parents, sisters, Great grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins, and then some are the best)

4. Becoming involved in mission trips in Jr. High (A Fire and passion for the things of God at that age is one of the best things that can happen to anyone)

5. Attending UMHB (Lots of great memories and where I met Mr. Wonderful)

6. Being a part of Focus on the Family Institute (Love them and of course Dr. Dobson)

7. First boyfriend Tim Carpenter. Loved dating him and marrying him.

8. Getting Married to Tim Carpenter (Five years down till death do us part)

9. Getting involved in Pregnancy Center Ministry (Have led people to saving knowledge of Christ, become more passionate about life, salvation, helping a hurting world, and the people I have met there are awesome)

10. My In-Laws (I am thankful for the family I joined through marriage. Mom and Dad Carpenter, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Bro. & Sister in-law, niece, nephews, they are the best)

11. Church ( I am so thankful for the church families I have been a part of. I have been blessed and encouraged by believers I have been close to from childhood into adulthood.)

12. Baby Shiloh (You came and went so quickly like a blink in my life but left such an imprint in my soul. Don't know why God created you to leave before I met you but I thank God for you and what your imprint means to me.)

13. Seth Taylor Carpenter (My dream came true in you. So glad you happened in my life)

14. Selah Breanna Carpenter (You are my silly goose princess. Such a gift from God.)

15. Sydney Elizabeth Carpenter (Your smile melts me. You are my baby sweet.)

16. Raquel & Ruth (It's been mostly fun being your big sis)

17. International ministry at UMHB (Opened my eyes to the world and friendship evangelism)

18. Hidden Acres (From the first summer after marriage to now I see how God can use this ministry for His glory)

19. Leading mission trips to Monterrey (It is a privilege to join God where He is working)

20. Did I mention my hubby (I love him and he is good to me)

21. Did I mentioned my kids (They are my favorite thing after Jesus, and my hubby)

22. Being bilingual has been great and loved being a translator for mission groups through High-school

23. People Blessings I cannot mention all the awesome people I have met along my life path. I just know I have been utterly blessed

24. learning the Bible (I am thankful for God's Word and all the teachers who have helped me learn the Bible and love the Bible. I think I take it for granted when there are a lot of people who don't even own a Bible)

25. Becoming a Missionary (Thank you God for this calling in our life)

26. Our supporters (The people who support us in prayers, thoughtful notes, through words of encouragement, and financially are people who just make our day.

27. marriage ( can be hard but I love having a team mate to share life with)

28. health (so far no crazy things have happened to me physically and I don't thank God enough for that.)

God is good all the time. All the time God is Good!

As I look at this list I am reminded of the verse: "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked" Luke 12:48b.

And a prayer I pray for myself. "we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:10).