Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday my Sweet

eating her birthday cupcakes

eating sand on her birthday

taken in Monterrey
also taken in Monterrey by Papi




To my dearest Sweetest Sydney,

Today we celebrated your first birthday. It's kind of fun how Papi's first camp conference to attend was at Disney and that we all got to go with him and celebrate your birthday with style :) What other 1 year old gets to have their birthday at Disney World.

Well Sydney I want to celebrate you everyday. You have been such a sweet blessing in our lives. You remind us how quickly days turn to weeks and weeks to months and then to years. Seth is four, Selah is two, and now you are one. Already you are so grown up. You've been walking for a month, you say mama and today you said "babay" (goodbye). You are growing too quickly and I miss you baby already. I know papi and others will worry to hear me say that you make me want to have another baby. You make me want to have another you because you love so sweetly.

You cuddle with me. You have been a mama's girl more than any of my baby's so far. You love to hold on to me (mostly my hair and though I don't like you pulling it, I think it's so sweet). You have the cutest smile. You make me smile and laugh already with your precious personality. It's fun to see Seth and Selah interact with you. It's funny to see you letting them know who's the boss around here (mostly you). You're cute when you suck your thumb (though I hope you are able to quit soon).

Sydney, I pray God's blessings on your life. May you continue to be a loving person and a little light of love to those around you. May people see what an awesome Creator God is through you. May the love you receive from your Papi, Seth, Selah, and I fill you up to overflowing. May you remember that God loves you the most of all. I pray God will help us as parents to help guide you in the way that God intends for you to go.

Here are some verses I picked out for you my little walker.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
"How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Isaiah 52:7 (NASV)