Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Of Passion and Patience

I don't know if it is just me but sometimes the more passionate I am about something the more impatient I become with those who don't see it like I do. Take for example missions. To me missions trips are a must for every Christian. I am not saying that everyone has to go on a mission trip though I would advise it to anyone who could. I am not saying everyone has to go to Africa, but hey Africa is in our backyard through Refugee ministry service. But I think people should get excited to support missionaries, mission trips, evangelistic activities in prayer, financially, and through participation.

I remember for example when I talked to my friend Tim (yes. The Tim) about missions and my jaw just about dropped to the floor (not because I was googoo gaga about him just yet but) because he told me he had never been on a "real" mission trip. Of course I did something and took him to Mexico as fast as you could say "give me tacobell". Today he would tell you that trip changed his life in more ways than one (because obeying the great commission will change you).

So why? Tell me why!? do you practically have to drag Christians feet to take a little drive or flight to another place to serve on a mission trip. Can you hear me getting impatient.

Yes! I don't get it! Please pray for me. and also pray this with me:

"Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Matthew 9:37,38

Pray this in-light of our upcomming mission trip. Though none go with me I still will follow.
-Rebeca