Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Memories


Yesterday was one month since my dad passed away. I have been sick and had a bad night coughing constantly but I still managed to have some dreams. I had a weird dream where my dad came and hugged me and my mom said it was a Valentines Day hug. So today on Valentines day I want to share a part of my love story that involves my dad.

One thing I appreciated about my parents was that we could share just about everything with them. Well on a certain day I got a call from Tim while we were in college. He nervously asked me if we could meet later on to talk. For some reason I just knew what this was going to be about. So after I hung up with him I called home to talk to my mom. My mom was not available so I talked to my dad. I told him that I thought Tim was going to ask me to be his girlfriend. I asked him what he thought I should do. He told me, "Follow your heart." I kinda smiled and laughed at his cheesy response. I never expected that kinda sweet answer.

Needles to say I did follow my heart and said yes to Tim. I am so glad Tim (finally) asked me to be his girlfriend and I am so glad I still am. :)