Saturday, February 5, 2011

One thing about my Papi

Today as I was looking at a wedding photographer's blog I had a flash back. I remember when Tim and I got married and we walked to hug my parents right after we were pronounced husband and wife when I hugged my dad I realized he was weeping. "Don't cry" I told him but he couldn't stop.

And of course after that I could not hold tears back and by the time we walked down the aisle and past the doors I just cried like a baby to my newly wed husband's great concern. He was wondering if I was happy or sad to be married. All I could say was, "My dad was crying...and he made me cry too."

I know I will not fully understand the significance of this until I to give my first child away in marriage and even not then fully through the eyes of a loving father giving his first daughter away.