Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shadow Land


CS Lewis said, “if I find in myself a desire which no experience can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” (Mere Christianity).

CS Lewis also said in his letters to children: Anyone in our world who devotes his whole life to seeking heaven will be like Reepicheep (in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader). We of small stature find “bigness” in discovering our true home. In the meantime we dwell in the “shadow lands."

With this Digital Scrapbook Page I wanted to get the idea across that the only true joy we can experience in the Shadow Lands is through Jesus Christ. As I look at the pictures of my kiddos having fun out at the park and think of the joy of family time, I smile and hope to one day all be on the other side of the Shadow Lands when we meet or Lord and Savior face to face and truly experience happiness.

I am trying to convey to our children that this world is not our home. I am trying to live my life in a way that my actions back up my words and my beliefs. Please continue to pray for us. The best is yet to come!