Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Obama on Abortion


Obama is pro-abortion. Obama said "the first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act" That bill "would invalidate virtually all state and federal limitations on abortion, and would make partial-birth abortion legal again."

(So is it about the voice of the people who have voted in their states for limitations or about his beliefs and those of his supporters like Planned Parenthood who are making loads of money from killing babies?)

In the context of sex, he quipped about his daughters,

"If they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Obama makes it clear if his daughters had an unplanned pregnancy, he would support terminating the life of his grandchild.

(Excuse me?!?! so children are punishments. Last time I read the Bible God called them blessings.)

(But as a dear misguided friend recently told me "Abortion is wrong, but there are more important issues on the table like our security." I say, "yeah, you're right... I mean lets put this in the context of Germany under the rule of Adolf Hitler... It's wrong to kill Jews and send them to concentration camps, but think about the security of our country we need to have safety because there is surely a lot of people out there out to get us." Really? I mean Really!? I thought we needed to put our trust in the Lord as our Protector and Provider not the government... but well that is something they taught me in Sunday School and not everybody has the blessing of that.)

On my soapbox,
Rebeca